We are looking for our 2018 Summer in the City Festival Coordinator!
Summer in the City is a Festival that celebrates arts and culture! We are proud to host such a vibrant and creative festival in Steinbach, MB.
The Festival Coordinator will coordinate multiple aspects of the festival while supporting a Board of Directors, the Festival Chair and Volunteer sub-committees. The coordinator will be a liaison between the Festival Chair and the sub committees, reporting directly to the Chair.
The ideal candidate is professional, energetic, self-motivated, community-minded, organized individual who communicates well and is able to work effectively with volunteers.
Duties to include:
- Arrange and coordinate the festival set-up, operations, and take-down
- Oversee all logistics during the Festival weekend
- Develop a strong working relationship with Festival Chair and sub committees
- Provide detailed reports and facilitate all correspondence
- Assist the Board in developing a strategic plan and organizational structure
- Complete and submit grant applications and final reports
- Support the subcommittees, when necessary, with soliciting donations or donated goods and services; and other duties as directed by the Chair
- Work with the treasurer and chair to oversee/track Festival expenses, revenues and gift in kind; submit cheque requests to the Treasurer
- Oversee the vendors applications (including artists, artisans, cultural, food and commercial); assist the Chair and Vendor Committee during the festival
- Create and distribute minutes from all meetings
- Attend to all administrative tasks, overseeing all files and records and inventory
- Assist the Festival marketing team in updating our online presence through the website and social media.
– Strong organizational skills
– Computer proficient
– Exceptional multitasking abilities; flexible with hours
– Strong written and oral communication skills
– Strong knowledge of budgets/bookkeeping skills
– Event planning abilities
Assets: – working with non-profit organizations and volunteers
– marketing and/or graphic design skills
– working with diverse cultural groups
– experience with grant proposals
– accounting or bookkeeping skills
– a network of community contacts
Hours & Details:
Majority of coordinator tasks occur between March and June, however certain tasks are year-long. This position runs all year round; hours will vary from 5 hrs/week in off season to 40 hrs/week closer to the Festival event. This is a contract position for one year with renewal option possible. Re-numeration will depend on experience and ability.
Send cover letter, resume and references to Summer in the City Board of Directors at email@example.com. Deadline for submission is Friday, 13th October, 2017.
Please note, if you lost something at the 2017 Festival, please contact Carla Campbell at 204.392.4728 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Pickup will be at the Summit office, located at Unit 1 – 385 Loewen Boulevard in Steinbach.
It’s time for a change. Dance in the City is changing with the times and is now called Street Arts in the City! A new area of Summer in the City that focuses on street culture. Main Street this year will have a larger footprint dedicated to Street Arts in the City with a bigger stage, new location and exciting events to watch!
Head to Main Street on Saturday and look for the crowds around the XCo Jr All Star competition from 12:30pm to 3:00pm and the XCo All Star competition from 4:00pm to 8:00pm. The always popular hip hop dance competition for junior and pro will be hosted by DJ Mav One with celebrity judges weighing in and handing out cash prizes to the winners.
Take a break from the competition and check out the street car show happening all weekend long where local street racing car enthusiasts will show off their wheels. Graffiti and hydrodipping artists will also be found in this area of the festival sharing their talents with the public.
The Steinbach Skate Park will be hosting a duo of events during Street Arts in the City with cash prizes. The Summer Skate Series all ages round robin skateboard tournament on June 16th. Shred in the City is Saturday June 17th at 2pm and is an all ages skateboard, bmx and scooter competition.
Street Arts in the City coordinator, Bretton Selent, is excited about the changes taking
place this summer and anticipates even bigger things in the years ahead.
Highlight video from SITC 2016 Hip Hop –
Summer in the City is very pleased to announce the Friday night SCU MainStage
headliner – Saskatchewan’s own Jess Moskaluke will be bringing her infectious love of country music to Main Street.
Jess Moskaluke is the perfect addition to a Canadian focused MainStage for this year’s festival. This year’s theme is Celebrating Canada’s 150th and what better way to do that than with one of our top female Canadian artists. Moskaluke is enjoying her third consecutive win of Female Artist of the Year with the CCMA and is the current 2017 Juno winner of the “Country Album of the Year” award. Acclaimed as the first female Canadian country solo artist since her childhood idol Shania Twain to achieve single platinum status, Moskaluke is sure to please country fans.
Tickets for Friday night’s performance can be purchased online or in person at Earl’s Meat Market, Steinbach Arts Council office and Ste Anne Co-op locations in Steinbach and Mitchell.
Excitement was evident as sponsors took part in announcing this year’s Saturday night headliner for Steinbach’s 9th annual Summer in the City (SITC) Festival. Cindi Rempel Patrick, Stage and Production Chair for the festival, had the pleasure of announcing that the Saturday night rock concert will feature Tom Cochrane and Red Rider.
Steinbach Credit Union, the Main Stage Sponsor for SITC 2017 had the honour of issuing the first ticket to the Saturday night concert. Since the Cochrane hit, Life is a Highway is now turning 25, it seems fitting that Ledingham GM be the presenting sponsor for the Saturday night show.
Summer in the City is joining Canada in celebrating 150 years and what better way to do that than with one of Canada’s most iconic and celebrated musicians, Tom Cochrane and Red Rider. Songs that are etched on the history of the lives of Canadians, from Sinking Like a Sunset, The Boy Inside the Man, and Big League.
Tom says, “I’m a proud Canadian and the biggest reward though is when someone comes up and says this song or that song got me through some tough times or was part of the best times in my life, or when I fell in love that was our song.” We can all tell stories about those songs and are excited to watch them be performed live on Main Street on Saturday,
Tickets go on sale for the Saturday night concert on Thursday, April 20th online and will also be available for purchase April 26th at Earls Meat Market, Steinbach Arts Council and all three Ste. Anne Co-op locations in Steinbach.