Do you know someone that loves event planning and organization?
Summer in the City is a Festival that celebrates arts and culture! We are proud to host such a vibrant and creative festival in Steinbach, MB
The Festival Coordinator will coordinate multiple aspects of the festival while supporting a Board of Directors, the Festival Chair and Volunteer sub-committees. The coordinator will be a liaison between the Festival Chair and the sub committees, reporting directly to the Chair.
The ideal candidate is professional, energetic, self-motivated, community-minded, organized, communicates well and is able to work effectively with volunteers.
Duties to include:
– Arrange and coordinate the festival set-up, operations, and take-down
– Oversee all logistics during the Festival weekend
– Develop a strong working relationship with Festival Chair and sub committees
– Provide detailed reports and facilitate all correspondence
– Assist the Board in developing a strategic plan and organizational structure
– Complete and submit grant applications and final reports
– Support the subcommittees, when necessary, with soliciting donations or donated goods and services; and other duties as directed by the Chair
– Work with the treasurer and chair to oversee/track Festival expenses, revenues and gift in kind; submit cheque requests to the Treasurer
– Oversee the vendors applications (including artists, artisans, cultural, food and commercial); assist the Chair and Vendor Committee during the festival
– Create and distribute minutes from all meetings
– Attend to all administrative tasks, overseeing all files and records and inventory
– Maintain festival’s online presence through the website and social media with assistance from the Festival marketing department
– Strong organizational skills
– Computer proficient
– Exceptional multitasking abilities; flexible with hours
– Strong written and oral communication skills
– Strong knowledge of budgets/bookkeeping skills
– Event planning abilities
Assets: – working with non-profit organizations and volunteers
– marketing and/or graphic design skills
– working with diverse cultural groups
– experience with grant proposals
– accounting or bookkeeping skills
– a network of community contacts
Hours & Details:
Majority of coordinator tasks occur between March and June, however certain tasks are year-long. This position runs all year round; hours will vary from 5 hrs/week in off season to 40 hrs/week closer to the Festival event. This is a contract position for one year with renewal option possible. Re-numeration will depend on experience and ability.
Send cover letter, resume and references to Summer in the City Board of Directors at email@example.com Deadline for submission is Thursday, December 15, 2016.